Sunday, February 13, 2005

Ipoh - from Sze

I promise to pass the digicam to Justin next so you can see the sinfully good stuff they have over at Kuching - but here are the very little pictures that I managed to capture over CNY - not that I could eat much, with the horrid weather affecting my appetite so much...

Day one breakfast:


Glutinious rice with kaya - one of my fave breakfast stuff


'Dry' curry hor fun with shredded chicken and char siew:)


My must-have CNY snack - is it just me or is it not available out of CNY?


Upon tasting, these dates seem different - what a let down!


And what CNY would be complete with out 'loh hon zai' - literally, Loh Hon vegetarian food - courtesy of my maternal grandma- ?


And Yu Sang? Accompanied by flying chopsticks, loud gibberish (I honestly do not know what we were shouting about haha) and remnants of Yu Sang on the table, thanks to our violence?


"Hoi nin fan" - 'open year rice' haha - the sumptous traditional lunch on the 2nd day of CNY at a relative's house.

Kumaran

Had breakfast here on Saturday with the family....


Good ol' teh tarik kurang manis - you can see the kid brother intently on his Gameboy SP behind


'banana leaf' - this waxed paper which does not resemble the real thing in any way has also failed to replace the actual banana leaf - I want the real thing!!


My usual mamak fare of roti telur bawang (egg and onions)


The 4-compartment tray used to serve the various types of curry sauces, my favourite being dhal.


Sua-ku me tried poori for the first time - my mom's breakfast, actually. It tastes somewhat like the regular roti canai, just somehow....crunchier?

The coming week will be hectic but the KL/Kuching trip is coming up - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home